MULTI PURPOSE TEACHING FLUME
The is a small open channel flume, available in 2.5 m or 5.0 m lengths, with clear acrylic sides to the working section for total visibility of the flow. The channel is fitted with a PVC inlet tank, and is designed for free discharge into the Hydraulics Bench. The flume is mounted on a rigid framework, and can be tilted by use of a calibrated screw jack, which allows accurate slope adjustment of the channel. The inlet tank incorporates a stilling arrangement to diffuse the water flow prior to entry into the channel, ensuring smooth uniform flow. The level in the working section of the flume is controlled using an overshot weir at the discharge end. Bed pressure tapings and fixing points for models are provided.
A set of models and gauges are provided with the flume as part of the standard supply, comprising:
- Venturi flume
- Sharp and broad crested weirs
- Crump weir
- Adjustable undershot weir
- 2 Vernier level gauges
- Clear acrylic sides to give visibility of the working section.
- A jacking system permits the slope of the channel bed to be adjusted between -1% and +3%.
- Inlet tank with flow stilling arrangement.
- Includes a Venturi, sharp and broad crested weirs, 2 vernier level gauges, adjustable undershot weir and crump weir.
- Wide range of other models available as accessories.
- Optional flow meter.
- Comprehensive instruction manual.
- The apparatus consists of channel fabricated from transparent material with various gates, weir, blocks and different beds of channel (smooth bed, corrugated bed, roughened bed and gravel bed), enabling the phenomenon of flow channels to be easily demonstration and study.
- This apparatus come with accessories
- Volumetric Hydraulic Bench to provides the necessary water supply, drain and volumetric flow-measurement facilities
- Depth Gauge
- Pitot Tube
- Submerged Narrow-crested weir
- Crump Weir
- Caliper Gauge
- Sluice gate Venturi , square jump block, radius jump Bloch
- Stop watch